Permanent Representation of Belgium to the EU
Join us for our seminar and find out how the EU-Singapore FTA can benefit your business, whether you are a manufacturer, exporter or investor !
The EU-Singapore Free Trade Agreement was recently approved by the European Parliament and is expected to enter into force before the end of 2019. The seminar provides practical information on how the FTA can benefit your business, whether you are a manufacturer, exporter or investor, or if you are simply interested to find out more about doing business in Singapore and the region.
This seminar is organized jointly by hub.brussels, Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT), Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX) and the Embassy of Singapore.
09.30-10.00: Registration - Welcome coffee
10.00-10.05: Opening remarks by H.E. Mr. François Roux, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representative of Belgium to the EU.
10.05-10.15: Keynote speech by H.E. Mr. Jaya Ratnam, Ambassador of Singapore to Belgium.
10.15-10.30: Overview of the EU-Singapore FTA by Mr. Peter Berz, Acting Director for Asia, DG Trade – European Commission.
10.30-11.10: Impact of the FTA on your Trade in goods and services by Mr. Roger Teney, Fiscal expert - Customs and excise Administration and Mr. Lionel Van Reet, Partner - ITX Customs & International Trade Compliance PWC.
11.10-11.30: Doing Business in Singapore by Mr Jingxin Zheng, Regional Director (Benelux) - Singapore Economic Development Board.
Panel discussion and Q&A
- Mr Jingxin Zheng, Regional Director (Benelux)-Singapore Economic Development Board.
- Mr. Filip Deraedt, Deputy Head of Unit South East Asia, Australia & New-Zealand - DG Trade - European Commission.
- Mr. Lionel Van Reet, Partner PWC - ITX Customs & International Trade Compliance.
- Mr. Roger Teney, Fiscal expert - Customs and excise Administration (Federal public service – Finance).
- H.E. Mr. Patrick Van Gheel, Director EU Trade Policy and WTO, Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs as moderator.
12.30-13.30: Networking lunch.